How to Change Website Permissions in WebsitePanel
This article shows you how to change read and write permissions for folders and files in your WebsitePanel Website Control Panel.
1. Log into your WebsitePanel Control Panel.
2. In your DotNetPanel Control Panel click on the your User Space
2. Under Hosting Space Menu click File Manager menu option
3. Use the File Manager to browse through the folders and files until your locate the folder or file that you wish to change the permissions on
Click Padlock icon next to the folder or file
5. From the File/Folder Permissions window locate the website user that you want to change the permissions for (usually it will be the first 16 characters of the primary domain name for the website)
6. Check the Read checkbox if you want website visitors to view the files within the folder
7. Check the Write checkbox only for folders that you need Write Permissions on, such as folders containing Access databases or folders that applications or scripts need to write too
8. If you wish to also set the same permissions for all the folders and files that reside within the folder then also check the Replace permissions on all child objects
9. Click Set Permissions
Back To Hosting Knowledgebase Menu