Web Wiz Forums Access Version Installation
The following step by step guide describes how to install the Access version of Web Wiz Forums.
- Check with your web host that your web space meets the system requirements for running Web Wiz Forums Microsoft Access Version
- Check with your host that you can use a DNS-less connection to an Access database on your web space and that you have sufficient permissions to write to this database. If your host requires that you have the forum’s Access database in a specially set up directory please see moving and renaming the forum database.
- Use a zip utility program to extract the files to your hard drive keeping the original file structure intact.
- Using an FTP Program upload the forum directory containing all the files and images onto your web space making sure that the files stay in their original directories.
- The forums database folder located at forum/database needs to have read, write, and modify permissions set on it. Check with your web host that you have these permissions set, or if running the server yourself have a look at Setting Read, Write, and Modify Permissions.
- Type into your web browsers address bar the domain name and folder that you have uploaded the forum to.
The Web Wiz Forums installation/upgrade wizard will start automatically in your browser.
- Select the type of installation that you require then click Next.
- Select the database type that you are using, Microsoft Access, then click Next.
- On the Database Connection Page, enter your information as follows;
Once you have
filled in the fields, click Test Database Connection.
The Test Database Connection window will open, click Close Window
- Access Database File Name - This is the name of your Web Wiz Forums Access database file. By default it is wwForum.mdb, but you may wish to rename this file for extra security.
- Path to Access Database Folder - This is the path to the folder containing your forums Access database file. By default it is located in the forums database folder, but you may want to move this.
If the connection was not successful go back to stage 10 and complete the connection details again. If the database connection was successful click Next.
The installation will now begin. This may take sometime to complete. Once it has completed you should see a message like the one below, click the Forum Homepage link to view your forum.
Now that your forum is uploaded and running see, Logging into the online Admin Control Panel, to find out how to set up forums and
administer your Web Wiz Forums installation.
If you find that you are getting errors and pages not displaying please see Troubleshooting and Common Errors.
To login into the forum the default admin username and password is: -
- Username: Administrator
- Password: letmein