How to Change Web Site Permissions
This article shows you how to change read and write permissions for folders and files in the Hosting Control Panel.
1. Log into your Hosting Control Panel.
2. Click File Manager icon option
3. Use the File Manager to browse through the folders and files until your locate the folder or file that you wish to change the permissions on
Click Padlock icon next to the folder or file
5. From the File/Folder Permissions window locate the website user that you want to change the permissions for (usually it will be the first 16 characters of the primary domain name for the website)
6. Check the Read checkbox if you want website visitors to view web pages or you want applications or scripts to read files within the folder
7. Check the Write checkbox only for folders that you need Write Permissions on
such as folders containing Access databases or folders that applications or scripts need to write too
8. If you wish to also set the same permissions for all the folders and files that reside within the folder then also check the Replace permissions on all child objects
9. Click Set Permissions
Back To Hosting Control Panel Tutorials Menu
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 05977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.