Website Content Tutorial
When it comes to website design content is king as it is the most important element of any website as it is this that will draw in your visitors.
Before you can start deciding what content the site is going to contain you need to determine who your target audience is. What age group are your users? What is there skill level with the Internet?
Next you need to determine the purpose of your site. If your site has no purpose then people will find no purpose to stay look around your site or come back again. You need to ask yourself, what is the site for?
- Promote your ideas, hobbies, or beliefs
- To Advertise your company or product
- Make loads of money really fast
- Provide customer services and support
- To keep your customer base informed
- Give or Sell Information
- Create an 'Extended Business Card' for your company
- Provide internal information and services for your company
An important question to ask yourself when deciding on content is: -
Why would anybody want to visit my site?
A second important question to keep in mind is: -
Why would anyone re-visit my site?
Keeping the content on your site updated frequently is equally important, as no one wants to keep reading the same stuff over and over again.
Adding dynamic content to your site like a discussion forum or chat rooms can help build an online community around your website. But, remember, these things need to be monitored which in turn takes time.
Once you have determined these factors you can next start to plan the content your site will have. Remember who your target will be when deciding on content: -
- Frequently updated information
- Product and Company articles
- Question and answers
- Online purchasing of products
- Guest book that your guests to your site can sign and add their own comments
- website forum or chat room to generate conversation between your website users
- website search, very useful for larger sites
- Weekly poll, to poll your visitors on a particular question
- Quizzes and sweep stakes, with prizes to promote your products
- Free offers
- Unique information
- Location maps
- Contact and Booking forms
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 05977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.