Web Wiz Forums Access Version Upgrade
The following step by step guide describes how to upgrade the Access version of Web Wiz Forums.
- IMPORTANT; Backup your existing Access database. This is as simple as making a copy of your forums Access database file, by default it is called wwForum.mdb.
- Use a zip utility program to extract the files to your hard drive keeping the original file structure intact.
- Using an FTP Program remove from your web space all the old files and images for the existing forum you want to upgrade, just keeping the Access Database and the uploads folder that contains content that your members have uploaded.
- Upload using your FTP Program the forum directory containing all the files and images onto your web space making sure that the files stay in their original directories.
- The forums database folder located at forum/database needs to have read, write, and modify permissions set on it. Check with your web host that you have these permissions set, or if running the server yourself have a look at Setting Read, Write, and Modify Permissions.
- Type into your web browsers address bar the domain name and folder that you have uploaded the forum to.
The Web Wiz Forums installation/upgrade wizard will start automatically in your browser.
- Select the type of upgrade that you require then click Next.
- Select the database type that you are using, Microsoft Access, then click Next.
- On the Database Connection Page, enter your information as follows;
Once you have
filled in the fields, click Test Database Connection.
The Test Database Connection window will open, click Close Window
- Access Database File Name - This is the name of your Web Wiz Forums Access database file. By default it is wwForum.mdb, but you may wish to rename this file for extra security.
- Path to Access Database Folder - This is the path to the folder containing your forums Access database file. By default it is located in the forums database folder, but you may want to move this.
If the connection was not successful go back to stage 9 and complete the connection details again. If the database connection was successful click Next.
The upgrade will now begin. This may take sometime to complete. Once it has completed you should see a message like the one below, click the Forum Homepage link to view your forum.
Your forum logins will remain the same including for any admin accounts.
If you find that you are getting errors and pages not displaying please see Troubleshooting and Common Errors.
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 5977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.