Admin Account Login / Password Reset
Occasionally Web Wiz Forums owners forget login details to their Admin Account and therefore can not login to administrator Web Wiz Forums.
The problem is that passwords are 160bit one way encrypted for security reasons so hackers can not get hold of your password. This means passwords can not be recovered, however, before you completely panic there are some options available to you to reset your admin passwords.
The simplest way, if you have set an email address for the Admin Account and have the email features of Web Wiz Forums correctly setup and enabled, is to use the Forgotten Password page from the login page to request a new password be sent to the email address entered for the admin account.
If you are unable to request a new password by email then the last option is to manually reset the password in the database following the steps below:-
- Open the database in a database management tool
- Open the database table 'tblAuthor'
- Find record with the 'Author_ID' with the value of '1', this is your Admin Account record
- Copy and paste the following to the 'Username' field:-
- Copy and paste the following to the 'Password' field:-
- Copy and paste the following to the 'Salt' field:-
- Your Web Wiz Forums Admin Account username and password should now be reset to:-
- Username: administrator
- Password: letmein
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 05977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.