Web Wiz NewsPad Access Version Installation
The following step by step guide describes how to install the Access version of Web Wiz NewsPad.
- Check with your web host that your web space meets the system requirements for running Web Wiz NewsPad Microsoft Access Version
- Check with your host that you can use a DNS-less connection to an Access database on your web space and that you have sufficient permissions to write to this database. If your host requires that you have the NewsPad’s Access database in a specially set up directory please see moving and renaming the NewsPad database.
- Use a zip utility program to extract the files to your hard drive keeping the original file structure intact.
- Using an FTP Program upload the newspad directory containing all the files and images onto your web space making sure that the files stay in their original directories.
- The newspad database folder located at newspad/database needs to have read, write, and modify permissions set on it. Check with your web host that you have these permissions set, or if running the server yourself have a look at Setting Read, Write, and Modify Permissions.
- Type into your web browsers address bar the domain name and folder that you have uploaded the NewsPad to.
The Web Wiz NewsPad installation/upgrade wizard will start automatically in your browser.
- Select the type of installation that you require then click Next.
- Select the database type that you are using, Microsoft Access, then click Next.
- On the Database Connection Page, enter your information as follows;
Once you have
filled in the fields, click Test Database Connection.
The Test Database Connection window will open, click Close Window
- Access Database File Name - This is the name of your Web Wiz NewsPad Access database file. By default it is NewsPad.mdb, but you may wish to rename this file for extra security.
- Path to Access Database Folder - This is the path to the folder containing your newspad Access database file. By default it is located in the newspad database folder, but you may want to move this.
If the connection was not successful go back to stage 10 and complete the connection details again. If the database connection was successful click Next.
The installation will now begin. This may take sometime to complete. Once it has completed you should see a message like the one below, click the NewsPad Homepage link to view your NewsPad.
Now that your NewsPad is uploaded and running see, Logging into the online Admin Control Panel, to find out how to set up newspad and
administer your Web Wiz NewsPad installation.
If you find that you are getting errors and pages not displaying please see Troubleshooting and Common Errors.
To login into the NewsPad the default admin username and password is: -
- Username: Administrator
- Password: letmein
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 5977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.