Web Wiz NewsPad Access Version Upgrade
The following step by step guide describes how to upgrade the Access version of Web Wiz NewsPad.
- IMPORTANT; Backup your existing Access database. This is as simple as making a copy of your NewsPad Access database file, by default it is called NewsPad.mdb.
- Use a zip utility program to extract the files to your hard drive keeping the original file structure intact.
- Using an FTP Program remove from your web space all the old files and images for the existing NewsPad you want to upgrade, just keeping the Access Database and the uploads folder that contains content that your members have uploaded.
- Upload using your FTP Program the newspad directory containing all the files and images onto your web space making sure that the files stay in their original directories.
- The newspad database folder located at newspad/database needs to have read, write, and modify permissions set on it. Check with your web host that you have these permissions set, or if running the server yourself have a look at Setting Read, Write, and Modify Permissions.
- Type into your web browsers address bar the domain name and folder that you have uploaded NewsPad to.
The Web Wiz NewsPad installation/upgrade wizard will start automatically in your browser.
- Select the type of upgrade that you require then click Next.
- Select the database type that you are using, Microsoft Access, then click Next.
- On the Database Connection Page, enter your information as follows;
Once you have
filled in the fields, click Test Database Connection.
The Test Database Connection window will open, click Close Window
- Access Database File Name - This is the name of your Web Wiz NewsPad Access database file. By default it is NewsPad.mdb, but you may wish to rename this file for extra security.
- Path to Access Database Folder - This is the path to the folder containing your newspad Access database file. By default it is located in the newspad database folder, but you may want to move this.
If the connection was not successful go back to stage 9 and complete the connection details again. If the database connection was successful click Next.
The upgrade will now begin. This may take sometime to complete. Once it has completed you should see a message like the one below, click the NewsPad Homepage link to view your NewsPad.
Your NewsPad logins will remain the same including for any admin accounts.
If you find that you are getting errors and pages not displaying please see Troubleshooting and Common Errors.
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 05977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.