Web Wiz NewsPad mySQL Installation
The following step by step guide describes how to install the mySQL version of Web Wiz NewsPad.
- Check with your web host that your web space meets the system requirements for running Web Wiz NewsPad mySQL Version
- Make sure that you have a mySQL Database (mySQL 4.1 or above and myODBC Driver 3.51 or 5.1) and that you have the required login details to connect to your mySQL Database.
- Use a zip utility program to extract the files to your hard drive keeping the original file structure intact.
- Using an FTP Program upload the newspad directory containing all the files and images onto your web space making sure that the files stay in their original directories.
- Create a blank database on the mySQL instance or use an existing one. If you are using a web host they should supply you with your mySQL Database, connection details, and login information.
If you are using your own server use mySQL Admin (pictured below) to create the database on mySQL.
- The newspad database folder located at newspad/database needs to have read, write, and modify permissions set on it, so that the installation wizard can write the database settings to the configuration files in this folder. Check with your web host that you have these permissions set, or if running the server yourself have a look at Setting Read, Write, and Modify Permissions.
- Type into your web browsers address bar the domain name and folder that you have uploaded the NewsPad to.
The Web Wiz NewsPad installation/upgrade wizard will start automatically in your browser.
- Select the type of installation that you require then click Next.
- Select the database type that you are using, MySQL 4.1 or above, then click Next.
- On the Database Connection Page, enter your information as follows;
Once you have
filled in the fields, click Test Database Connection.
The Test Database Connection window will open, click Close Window
- Server - This will be the name or location of the mySQL instance (URI, IP address, or localhost)
- Database Name - This is the name of the actual database
- Database Username - This will be the name of the user account you use to login into the mySQL database
- Database Password - This will be the password that you use with the mySQL Username above
If the connection was not successful go back to stage 10 and complete the connection details again. If the database connection was successful click Next.
The installation will now begin. This may take sometime to complete. Once it has completed you should see a message like the one below, click the NewsPad Homepage link to view your NewsPad.
Now that your NewsPad is uploaded and running see, Logging into the online Admin Control Panel, to find out how to set up newspad and
administer your Web Wiz NewsPad installation.
If you find that you are getting errors and pages not displaying please see Troubleshooting and Common Errors.
To login into the NewsPad the default admin username and password is: -
- Username: Administrator
- Password: letmein
About Web Wiz
| Contact Web Wiz
| Terms & Conditions
Web Wiz is the trading name of Web Wiz Ltd. Company registration No. 5977755. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Unit B10, 9 Nimrod Way, East Dorset Trade Park, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 7UH, United Kingdom.
Prices exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT No. 988999105 - $, € prices shown as a guideline only.
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. All rights reserved.